Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A new year, should people change too?

I'm back here in sg again. First week of school but I've got no mood to study. Still missing my holiday. Can't believe it's over so fast. This semester won't be better than last sem, I'll be much busier coz I have 3 modules with projects, some are individual projects. I'll just talk abt my holiday. It's gonna be long, beware!

I spent most of my holiday at home slacking. I just moved to a new house. It's more comfortable than my old house. I have my own bedroom. But it's more quiet coz I used to stay in a noisy house with my cousins and relatives hehe. Now I can't disturb my cousins anymore. I have new sister, though. So now it's four of us including me. My little sister is only 48-days old today. She looks much alike my little brother when he was at that age. Now my little brother is already 1 year plus, he's quite naughty. He always walks here and there coz he can already walk. He is bored very fast, his toys barely lasts more than 10 minutes which after that he just throws away to the floor. But he's cute. When we ask him to laugh, clap hands, kiss bye, he will show us when he's in the mood. He learns walking very fast, but he hasn't spoken a lot. The word he often said are only "papa" or shouting to get attention. He looks very shy in front of people he doesn't know, but when he starts to know u, he won't be hesitate to ask your food or anything that u hold in your hand hehe. Kids are like that, especially boys, aren't they? I dun know how my little sister will look like as she grows older.

Sometimes I took a stroll with my friends to shopping centers or watch movie in cinema. I didn't shop much last time, neither did my friends. Either we dun like the style or we think it's too expensive. It's strange that as u grow older, u become more savvy in one or other way. One of my friends said that she doesn't dare to ask money from her parents too often. Unlike when we were still in secondary or high school. Many of my friends are also taking part-time jobs. They are working after school coz they want to start saving money for future. I admire them coz they can manage their time so wisely, they work without disturbing their school. Their CAP and grades are still the top in their universities, even one of them got scholarship. Oh my dear friends, I wonder how you do that.

I don't meet my friends in jakarta often. I only meet them when I came back during holidays, so it's like once in half-a-year. Usually I and my close friends have "compulsory" gathering in the end of the year. Last time we went to Bandung, the other city outside Jakarta. 12 of us spent three days there, from 31st dec to 2nd jan. Yup, we spent our new year eve there. It's the first time I spent new yr eve with my friends. We played a lot (playing cards), chatted a lot until morning (3 or 4 am), or just singing coz one of my friends brought his guitar. We were just having fun n tried to forget all school projects or other things. Although I know, most of my friends had projects deadline in a few days after we came back from Bandung. Sometimes when we chatted and talked, I realize that people change indeed.

The good thing from what I see in my friends is that they have grown more mature. They have given more careful thought about their future. Like I said before, some of them have started doing part-time jobs. Another friend of mine has pursued his study more seriously coz he wanted to graduate soon, thus he can find a job, get his own salary and gives a good image in front of his gf's parents. Some of my friends have started to budget their expenses, saving for their future. Maybe time has changed people. Well, I dun intend to insult anyone who reads this blog, but when I and my friends everytime talks about that sensitive number called 'age', we just realize that it's time for us to really start to think about what we want to achieve in our life, either it's to deal with friendship, relationship, career, etc. Maybe u think it sounds too old, but time flies so fast, isn't it? One year passes like a month. A month passes like a day.

Of course, sometimes I miss my high school time with my high school friends. As time goes by, fewer and fewer of them are still in contact. I feel lucky coz I still have some close friends who hang out together when we have spare time, like those when we went to Bandung. But most of my other friends in high school have gone somewhere, lost contact, or still in contact but feel awkward coz we were not as closed as we were used to. I understand that many of them are very busy, we barely have time to contact each other, not mentioning meet each other. I remember one of my friends told me, that he loses his trust to his best friends coz one of them has betrayed him. His other friends also become "far" to him, they refuse to go out together coz they said they're busy, refuses to help him when he needs them, etc. Well, I guess it's just simply human being right? People change. He's disappointed when he found out that his friends do not treasure friendship as much as he does. But I think sometimes not only our friends who made a friendship becomes "awkward", maybe it's also us who made the gap even further. Let's ask ourselves, have we ever disappointed our friends? have we ever ignored them when they called us, sms us, msn us, etc? have we often rejected them when they want to meet us coz we're busy, busy and busy?

I start to ponder, as we live a modern life, have people become more selfish and individualistic? As the technology becomes more sophisticated, has life lose its "human-touch"? How many christmas or new year cards did u receive this year? None?

Have human become more "unhuman" as time goes by?

When I watched the news on TV about the terrible tsunami that destroyed many countries in Asia, my tears actually dropped. Is it reminder from God to regret our sin and lead a better life? Aceh, the worst place hit by tsunami, will the never-ending conflicts there cease after the disaster?

It's so scary to know that human life is so fragile, we'll never know whether tmr or the next second we'll still be alive or still be able to meet our loved ones.

In every new year, some people set their resolutions. I guess my resolution this year will be simple, yet not easy to do: Lead a better life.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Saw your site in A new year, should people change too?. Do you trade links from http://www.schoolbuddies.com ?

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, air max, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, burberry, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, chanel handbags, replica watches, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, replica watches, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, air jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, nike roshe run, uggs on sale, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors, louis vuitton

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, air max, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, burberry, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, chanel handbags, replica watches, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, replica watches, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, air jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, nike roshe run, uggs on sale, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors, louis vuitton

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

mont blanc, hollister, north face outlet, lululemon, north face outlet, louboutin, ralph lauren, mcm handbags, reebok shoes, hollister, iphone cases, nike roshe, herve leger, converse, nike huarache, instyler, bottega veneta, longchamp, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, nfl jerseys, ray ban, ghd, ferragamo shoes, beats by dre, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, gucci, oakley, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, nike air max, babyliss, baseball bats, new balance, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, soccer shoes, vans, chi flat iron, hollister, celine handbags, jimmy choo shoes, vans shoes, nike air max, timberland boots

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, bottes ugg, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, barbour jackets, moncler, doudoune canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora jewelry, moncler, hollister, links of london, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, replica watches, coach outlet, moncler, lancel, barbour, canada goose uk, swarovski crystal, karen millen, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, marc jacobs, canada goose, louis vuitton, supra shoes, ugg boots uk, canada goose, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, thomas sabo, toms shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home